What is Safer Gambling Week?
Safer Gambling Week is a pan-industry campaign to encourage conversations on safer gambling with customers, operators, government agencies and the wider general public. This year, it will take place between the 17th – 23rd October in the UK and Ireland, with many in the gambling industry rightfully giving sole precedence to the event on their social media, websites and in person.
Safer Gambling will give voice to topics such as:
- How to gamble more safely
- The tools that are available to help customers gamble more safely all year round
- Sources of further advice and support for those who need it
What does Intouch Games do for Safer Gambling?
At InTouch Games, we take Safer Gambling incredibly seriously. As a leading tech company for mobile casino brands and iGaming solutions, we also believe its our duty to make sure our players are well aware of the tools and support we offer for a safe gambling journey. We also have a dedicated page for Safer Gambling on each of our casino sites filled with information on the tools we offer.
- Session limits: Players can set a timer for how long they want to be on the site playing our slots. Setting up session limits also helps as it shows players how long they actually have been on the site.
- Deposit Limits: Players can set a limit on how much they can deposit within a certain time frame. These can of course be adjusted, with changes taking effect after 24 hours – giving players the opportunity to change their mind.
- Cool Down Period: If it ever gets too much, players can set a cool down period of 1 day up to 6 weeks, giving them the opportunity to reassess any issues they may have.
- Customer Service Team: Intouch Games’ in-house CS team can offer advice on how to block social media or adverts on gambling, as well as be a friendly ear to any player who may be worried about their gambling habits. The staff are all trained on customer welfare and are happily available to listen in a non-judgmental manner 24/7, 365 days of the year.
All of our casinos feature a ‘Safer Gambling’ (‘SG’) tab, where not only can players action any of the above measures, but also find advice and resources that are there to help if they feel as though they have an issue with gambling safely.
Why We Care
At the heart of our company, is our customers. We firmly believe in keeping our players safe from the harm that gambling can bring. That’s why, at Intouch Games, we feel that taking part in Safer Gambling Week, an annual national and industry-wide event, is an imperative part of our role in this industry.
While this campaign is great at raising awareness, we hope that not just for Safer Gambling week but EVERY week our players utilise all of our advice and tools to make sure that their experience continues to be as enjoyable as possible.